Local. Farm to Table. Sustainable.
Finca, and the rest of the Pago Restaurant Group (which includes Pago, Finca, East Liberty Tap House, and Hub & Spoke Diner) is committed to sourcing local and sustainable food, reducing waste and being environmentally responsible.
Finca's entire menu is made from scratch daily - from the breads and pastries, to the house-cured and house-smoked meats. Finca uses the highest quality, naturally produced ingredients, which means we source the majority of our ingredients locally or regionally (see below for a list of the local farms and artisans we use) and use only sustainably raised protein (fish, beef, chicken, lamb, pork, etc.) and specialize in wines from sustainable, small producing Spanish vineyards. We also run an in-house butchery program, which allows us to buy large cuts of meat and use most/all of the product without waste. Finca shows the "chefs' commitment to elegant and refined dishes skewed through the lens of locally sourced ingredients." (Salt Lake Tribune, July 2012)
Finca is proud to support local producers and artisans, including:
Finca is also committed to reducing the waste we generate by running a business. This includes:
- Participating in the Blue Sky Energy wind power program for all electricity
- Using reusable glassware, dishware, flatware, and condiment dishes, as well as cloth napkins, tablecloths and bare tables, and dishrags for cleaning
- Recycling paper, plastic, cardboard and aluminum in mixed-use recycling bin.
- Recycling glass through Momentum Recycling.
- Using recycled packaging for take-out containers
- Minimize printing and paper waste by using largely electronic communications. When paper is used, print on both sides of paper or reuse paper for internal meeting minutes/ agenda. Use refillable printer ink cartridges.
- Using re-chargeable batteries for all our in-house electronics.
- Using LED lighting instead of incandescent lighting to reduce power consumption and reduce disposal of lightbulbs
- Centrally located in downtown SLC (2 blocks from convention center, 2 blocks from Trax, steps away from bus stops and green bike station) and encourage employees and patrons to walk, bike and/or use public transportation when possible (including bike storage in basement of Finca for employees)