Spanish Paella with Chicken
Recipe by Finca
Makes 4 servings
4 oz cooked chorizo, cut into small chunks
1 chicken breast, medium diced
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup of spanish rice (Bomba)
4-5 oz artichoke hearts
2-3 oz roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
3 cups chicken, fish or vegetable stock
5 oz large shrimp, peeled
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Optional: saffron, tomatoes, other seafood.
1. In paella pan, add chicken and brown the sausage in the oil until crispy, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the rice, artichoke hearts, peppers, and any desired vegetables.
3. Add stock, bring to a boil.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
6. Stir in the shrimp. Cover and continue cooking until the shrimp are opaque, 5 to 7 minutes.
7. Squeeze fresh lemon juice, and enjoy.