Recipe by Finca (Bakery)
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup bourbon of choice (we like Maker’s Mark, but this could be omitted if desired)
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt brown sugar with bourbon (or just sugar if omitting bourbon) until liquefied. Carefully pour hot syrup into a 9 inch round glass baking dish, turning dish to evenly coat the bottom and sides. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Beat in condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla until smooth. Pour mixture into baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes. Let cool completely.
5. To serve, carefully invert on a serving plate with edges when completely cool.