BRUSELAS CON TOCINO
Spanish Brussels sprouts with sherry cream and bacon
Recipe by Finca
1 lbs Brussels spouts
3 oz slab bacon (cut into batons or thin strips)
1 Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup stock (chicken or vegetable)
1 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute bacon in olive oil, until fully cooked and reddish brown in color.
2. Remove bacon from pan, but leave ¾ rendered fat in pan.
3. Add quartered Brussels sprouts and sauté in bacon fat, until nicely browned.
4. Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium low.
5. Continue cooking until Brussels are tender, and liquid has been reduced to a nice even glaze.
6. Fold cooked bacon back into sprouts, and season with salt and pepper.